Re: color, background color

by Leslie(at)wholespace.com

 Date:  Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:10:47 -0600
 To:  iris <laren4(at)yahoo.com>
 Cc:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Iris--

I'm not an expert here, but I experienced the same response you did.
As I recall, you have the choice for whether the validator returns
warnings or not-you can turn this option off. As well, you still
ought to have gotten the official 'validation OK', along with the
privilege of using the =88WRC sticker.

I understood this as Josu=E9 <jmachado(at)mindspring.com> explained,
"These are warnings, and not really errors."

Leslie

At 6:34 AM -0800 11/9/00, iris wrote:
>hello
>
>very quiet here...
>
>could someone explain these validation results from
>the W3C CSS Validation Service to me?  i mean since
>when do i have to specify a background color for
>links?
>
>Warnings :
>Line : 12 Level : 1 You have no background-color with
>your color : A:link
>Line : 14 Level : 1 Redefinition of color : A
>Line : 80 Level : 1 You have no color with your
>background-color : .beigeheader
>Line : 95 Level : 1 You have no background-color with
>your color : HR
>
>and here's what it refers to:
>
>11  A.nav  {text-decoration : none;}
>12  A:link  {color : #0066CC;}
>13  A:vlink {color : #993300;}
>14  A:alink, A:hover {color : #993300; background :
>#FFFF00;}
>
>79  .beigeheader {
>80 	background : #FFFFCC;
>81 	font-weight : bold;
>82	border-top-width : thin;
>83	border-bottom-width : thin;
>84	}
>
>94  hr {
>95	color : #990000;
>96	margin-left : 8%;
>97	margin-right : 8%;
>98	}
>
>thank you very much for your help
>iris

>Thousands of Stores.  Millions of Products.  All in one Place.
>http://shopping.yahoo.com/

-

                                                          ::
                                                          ::
   Leslie Berrie :  Wholespace.com
   (e) leslie(at)wholespace.com (t) 312.664.4424 (f) 312.664.4423
=2E.........................................................................=
=2E...
                                                          ::
                                                           :::
                                                            ::::